June 2010

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pudding Painting Fun






Ethan has been staying with us on Mondays and I try to do at least one fun thing each time he is here. This past Monday, I had Abigail and Ethan paint with chocolate pudding. I actually got the idea from "Jon and Kate Plus 8" on TV. They were both so excited because they were getting to eat the "paint"! I had stripped them down so not to get clothes messy and I decided why not add a little fun in the mix and have them paint themselves?! Well, my neat freak, Abigail, did not like getting messy all over at first. But I tried to show her that it can be fun and I assured her that we would go take a bath after it was all over. She finally consented to a little and did have fun. Giving Ethan permission to paint himself was just peachy for him! I think he ended up a little bit more brown than the rest of us. Yes, I let them paint just my feet! I had them stay on the back porch while I started the bath water and came back out to find that Ethan was chasing Abigail with chocolatey hands and Abigail screaming just like a little girl! It was so cute.

No comments: