June 2010

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Strawberry Pickin'
















Today we were going to Akers of Strawberries in Baker for a birthday party, but the birthday boy got sick so the party was cancelled. I decided to take the girls to pick strawberries since they were geared up for it. This week and weekend coming up are going to be so busy with the Easter musical that I thought this would be a good chance for some fun. It has rained a lot here lately so the patch was still a little muddy and you had to search for some ripe strawberries, but we found some beauties! Can't wait to taste them. Actually, Hannah already had a head start when she tasted one out in the field! Just couldn't resist. After picking the strawberries we came inside to the little cafe and had delicious strawberry shortcake and a hot dog. I only got two bowls of the shortcake because I thought I would share with the girls, boy was I wrong! I got a couple of bites of Hannah's and I think Abigail would have stabbed me with her spoon if I kept trying to get a bite of hers! At least Hannah shared her hot dog with me. We had a good time. Maybe we will head out there again when it's time to pick peaches!

No comments: