June 2010

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Best Kind of Snake




Just wanted to show the best kind of snake that appeared on our driveway after church Wednesday - dead! Well in my opinion at least that's the best to me, unless it's behind glass and not at my house! I did a double take at the snake and quickly rushed the girls by it until I could make sure it was dead. As you might can see it has red, black and yellow. So here's a science review lesson for you - "red and yellow (touching bands) kill a fellow, red and black friend to Jack." Well, this was a friend and turned out to be a scarlet kingsnake (of course I had to look it up!) Shawn was not happy thinking there might be more in our yard, so we called out our local yard man (thanks Blair!) to handle our weedy overgrown back yard.

No comments: