June 2010

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Weekend Getaway
















The weekend after our anniversay (we didn't go on our anniversary, May 22, because it was Memorial Day Weekend) we went to Destin. Our great friends, Bob and Amy, watched the girls overnight and Shawn and I had two fabulous days in Destin. It was nice to take our time, not follow any schedule and just relax. We got to stay at the Embassy Suites in Destin along Miramar Beach. We had a beautiful view because we were on the top floor of the hotel. The beach was just a walk across the street. We tried some new restaurants that were delicious and even got to hold an alligator (you will have to come to our house to see that picture!) We also went snorkeling and saw many beautiful fish and found a hermit crab. Enjoy the beautiful pics. Maybe next time Shawn will talk me into going parasailing. I almost did it, but not quite brave enough yet. Yes, it was really funny because he was describing it to me and said that the parasail can take you up 20, 40 or 60 feet. I was thinking to myself that I think I could handle the 20 feet and maybe the 40 feet, that's not so bad. Well, we went to a restaurant that had several brochures of attractions in Destin and I found one on parasailing. I brought it back to the table and was reading it to Shawn and went into shock when it said not 20, 40, 60 but rather 200, 400, 600 feet! Well, I still have to do some thinking about that!

No comments: